Illinois Early Childhood Inclusion Policy Summit
The Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD) is funding Early CHOICES to convene an Illinois Early Childhood Inclusion Summit. The Summit will provide a unique and critical opportunity for leaders across all Illinois early childhood systems to advance the priorities in the United States Departments of Education (ED) and Health and Human Services (HHS) jointly released Policy Statement on Inclusion in Early Childhood Programs.
The purposes of the Summit are:
- Create a shared awareness of the state of early childhood inclusion policy in Illinois
- Develop priorities for improving policy to support inclusion of young children across all agencies and stakeholders in Illinois
- Facilitate a true working meeting among leaders in early childhood systems in Illinois
Missed the Pre Learning Webinar on 2/7/2017? Want to share with your colleagues?
Handouts and materials for the Summit
- Checkout this Livebinder
Summit Reconvene 2018
- OSEP Dear Colleague Letter Preschool LRE January 9, 2017
- Full version: Federal Policy Statement on Inclusion in Early Childhood Programs
- Fact Sheet of Research on Early Childhood Inclusion
- llinois Each and Every Child Inclusion brochure
- US Department of Education Early Learning Inclusion Resources
- DEC NAEYC Joint Policy Statement on Inclusion