Student/Classroom Planning Tools
Planning for inclusion in the classroom is critical. We suggest teams meet on a regular basis to plan for individual students. Families are critical team members and need to be included in the planning.
To plan for accommodations and modifications teams can use a variety of tools:
- Responsive Teaching Strategies
- Adapting Activities & Materials for Young Children
- Adaptations for Children with Disabilities
- CARAs Kit: Creating Adaptations for Routines and Activities
- People Support Matrix
- Julie Causton Inclusion Bundle
- A Guide to Itinerant Early Childhood Special Education Services
Inclusive Classroom Profile
For teachers to look at high quality inclusive practices the Inclusive Classroom Profile serves as an excellent tool for self reflection.
The Inclusive Classroom Profile (ICP), is a research-based assessment tool that assesses the quality of the inclusive preschool classroom and is used in OPI.
More resources around the Inclusive Classroom Profile (ICP):
- Self Reflection Tool
- Our Livebinder supporting self reflection through the ICP
- Our Livebinder supporting deeper learning about inclusive practices
- Early CHOICES Youtube channel has interviews from programs using the ICP for self assessment
- Inclusive Classroom Profile Webinar This webinar is a unique opportunity to explore the Inclusive Classroom Profile (ICP), a research-based assessment tool designed to look closely at the ways inclusive programs accommodate the learning needs of young children with disabilities. In addition to reviewing the 12 practices, strategies to use the ICP for self-reflection and improvement of high-quality inclusive practices are shared.
- Contact Early CHOICES at email@example.com
- Purchase the ICP from Brookes Publishing
Embedding Structured Teaching/ABA Strategies in Inclusive Settings featuring Erin E. Barton, PhD, BCBA‐D, Assistant Professor in the Department of Special Education at Vanderbilt University Webinar
Including children with disabilities is the right thing to do. However, we know that it can be challenging for classroom staff to collaboratively plan for embedded evidence based practices and interventions. Watch to learn practical strategies for embedding practices such as ABA and structured teaching in inclusive settings.