Student/Classroom Planning Tools
Planning for inclusion in the classroom is critical. We suggest teams meet on a regular basis to plan for individual students. Families are critical team members and need to be included in the planning.
To plan for accommodations and modifications teams can use a variety of tools:
Inclusive Classroom Profile
For teachers to look at high quality inclusive practices the Inclusive Classroom Profile serves as an excellent tool for self reflection.
The Inclusive Classroom Profile (ICP), is a research-based assessment tool that assesses the quality of the inclusive preschool classroom and is used in OPI.
More resources around the Inclusive Classroom Profile (ICP):
- Self Reflection Tool 2021
- Our Livebinder supporting self reflection through the ICP
- Our Livebinder supporting deeper learning about inclusive practices
- Early CHOICES Youtube channel has interviews from programs using the ICP for self assessment
- Inclusive Classroom Profile Webinar This webinar is a unique opportunity to explore the Inclusive Classroom Profile (ICP), a research-based assessment tool designed to look closely at the ways inclusive programs accommodate the learning needs of young children with disabilities. In addition to reviewing the 12 practices, strategies to use the ICP for self-reflection and improvement of high-quality inclusive practices are shared.
- Contact Early CHOICES at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase the ICP from Brookes Publishing
Watch this recorded webinar to learn about practical strategies that support all learners. This is an opportunity to learn about adaptations and modifications to implement in your inclusive EC classrooms. The webinar is packed with ideas and resources.